Mid-Florida SHRM Code of Conduct
This Code of Conduct for the Mid-Florida Society for the Human Resource Management has been adopted to promote and maintain the highest standards of professional and personal conduct among its members. By joining this Chapter, a member indicates his/her support for upholding this Code and the understanding of his/her individual responsibility to act in accordance with the following items, thereby assuring that all Chapter activities support the development, networking, and educational intent of this professional organization.
As a member of the Mid-Florida Society for Human Resource Management, I pledge to:
- Maintain the highest standards of professional and personal conduct.
- Strive for personal growth in the field of human resource management.
- Support SHRM's goals and objectives for developing the human resource management profession.
- Instill in the public and other Mid-Florida SHRM members a sense of confidence about my conduct and intentions.
- Uphold all laws and regulations relating to my activities.
- Refrain from using my official position(s), either regular or volunteer, to secure special privilege, gain or benefit for myself.
- Maintain the confidentiality of privileged information.
- Recognize that the Mid-Florida SHRM meetings, events and/or any other Mid-Florida activities are times for networking and development, not times for sales contacts or self-promotion.